The Permanent Office of the Romanian Orthodox Church to the institutions of the European Union
The main objectives of the Office of the Romanian Orthodox Church to the institutions of the European Union are the following:
Ensuring efficient communication between the Romanian Orthodox Church and the institutions of the European Union.
Monitoring the activity of the European institutions with respect to issues that could be of direct interest to the Romanian Orthodox Church.
Informing the Romanian Orthodox Church about the projects of the European Union.
Ensuring the link between the Romanian Orthodox Church and the European institutions supporting social, educational or cultural projects.
Informing the European institutions with respect to the actions and the initiatives of the Romanian Orthodox Church which might be of interest to them.
Collaborating with Romanian institutions involved in the European construction.
Participating in actions which mobilize the European Churches in order to support the Christian values within the process of institutional consolidation of the Union.
Bringing its contribution to promoting in Brussels an atmosphere of inter-orthodox, ecumenical, inter-religious and intercultural collaboration.
Developing research projects in the field of European sciences, of the inter-orthodox, ecumenical, inter-religious, interethnic and intercultural partnership.
The activity of the Office is oriented mainly towards information, communication and public relations by means of:
- Participation in information meetings;
- Organization or hosting of meetings, symposiums, conferences, seminars and debates on theological, cultural or media topics and on topics which concern European issues;
- Organization or hosting of temporary or permanent exhibitions presenting the liturgical, artistic, cultural and literary specificity of Orthodox Christianity, as well as the dialogue with different other confessions or religions;
- Supporting a web page;
- Relations with European and Romanian partners active within the European structures;
- Inter-institutional, ecclesiastical and inter-religious relations.